Session Proposal Submission
SESSION PROPOSAL SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED
Submission Deadline: Monday, 10 July 2023 – 23:59 SAST
We are organising a global scientific programme for the upcoming 13th Meeting of the International Society of Pneumonia and Pneumococcal Diseases (ISPPD-13) to be held in Cape Town, South Africa, from 17-20 March 2024, and welcome proposals for Plenary and Meet-the-Expert sessions, as well as Pre-Meeting Workshops. Our goal is to create a dynamic and stimulating programme of broad topics related to pneumonia and pneumococcal diseases.
Each proposal will be reviewed by the ISPPD-13 Local Organising and Scientific Programme Committees. We may combine proposals and may not be able to select all suggested speakers in each proposal. Based on space and time limitations, we also may not be able to accommodate all proposals into the ISPPD-13 scientific programme. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
ISPPD aims to have a programme that is age, gender and geographically balanced (with a maximum of two speakers/chairs from the same nationality per session) and we are committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. We appreciate all proposals from the community that help achieve this objective.
Additionally, we would like to hear your feedback on topics that you would like to see covered at the ISPPD-13 Meeting or topics that you find typically underrepresented.
At ISPPD-13 we plan to have an informative and exciting programme that highlights the areas of substantial recent progress while also posing the tough questions where progress has been more challenging.
We welcome your proposals for Plenary and Meet-the-Expert sessions, as well as Pre-Meeting Workshops.
Plenary sessions are the core of the ISPPD scientific programme and cover the latest developments of particular burning topics in the field of pneumonia and pneumococcal diseases. These sessions feature invited speakers – top experts in their fields. The plenary format ensures that all Meeting participants can join these sessions.
- Duration: Typically up to 90 minutes.
- Number of Chairs: Typically 2 chairs.
- Number of Presentations: Typically 3 or 4 speakers where each presenter has 15-20 minutes for their presentation followed by 5-7 minutes for Q&A.
These informal sessions are moderated by leading experts in particular fields and may include short presentations. Usually, there is no division between chairs and speakers, but the chairs (session organisers) outline the topic and interact with the audience. The MTE format provides opportunities for interaction with professionals in smaller-structured settings and these sessions should be planned to be highly engaging and interactive.
- Duration: Typically 60 minutes.
- Number of Chairs/Organisers: Typically from 1 to 4.
Workshops aim to help ISPPD participants improve particular skills. They are half-day or full-day in length and the number of participants is limited to allow hands-on learning and interaction. All Workshops will take place on Sunday, 17 March 2024, and will help participants to immerse themselves in the subject of pneumonia and pneumococcal diseases before the official start of the meeting on Monday, 18 March 2024.
In the description of your proposal, please specify the educational intention of the Workshop as well as the preferred duration and number of participants. If any technical or other materials will be necessary for the hands-on part of your workshop, please note that as well.
- Duration: Half-day (approx. 3 hours) or full-day (approx. 6 hours + a 1-hour break)
- Number of Chairs/Organisers: Typically from 1 to 4.
Guidelines for Submission
- All proposals must be submitted in English by the deadline through the online portal via the button above.
- Each submitter can submit up to 5 session proposals regardless of the session type.
- Title/Topic: Up to 25 words.
- Brief Session Description: Up to 250 words. Please explain the educational intention and purpose of the session.
- Comment Section: If you have any other comments or ideas that you wish to share with us regarding your proposal, please use the comment field below the session description box.
- Number of Proposed Participants:
- Plenary: Up to 2 chairs and up to 4 speakers. Please indicate the presentation title/topic suggestion for each speaker.
- Meet-the-Expert & Pre-Meeting Workshops: Up to 4 chairs/session organisers.
- Please try to consider age and gender balance and geographic variety of speakers/chairs in your proposal (with a maximum of two speakers/chairs from the same nationality).
- The proposal submitter is welcome to include themselves as a chair/speaker in the session but is not obligated to do so (meaning, that you can propose a session outline that you find to be engaging even if you do not wish to or cannot participate in it as a chair/speaker).
- Please note that once you click on the “Submit” button, you will no longer be able to edit your proposal. If you would like to correct something in your already submitted proposal, please contact the Meeting Organisers.
- All proposals submitted via the online portal will be reviewed by the Local Organising and Scientific Programme Committees and the final programme will be approved by the ISPPD Board.
- Proposal submitters will be contacted by the ISPPD-13 Organisers within 3 weeks of the submission deadline to receive information on the status of their proposal. Please note that in some cases, the Local Organising Committee may combine different proposals into one session or may select other speakers for the proposed topics. In case of a higher number of submissions, we may not be able to accept all proposals. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
- You are not required to contact the chairs/speakers prior to the proposal submission. Once the final programme has been approved, accepted chairs/speakers will be contacted by the ISPPD-13 Organisers to receive official invitations.
- For your reference, topics covered by Plenary, MTE and Workshop sessions at ISPPD-12 in 2022 can be found via the links below.
Thank you for your contribution to the ISPPD-13 Meeting! May you have any questions, please contact the Meeting Organisers at email@example.com.