Going Green Together
We believe that we all have a part to play in preserving our future for generations to come, both locally and across the globe.
From the ISPPD Meeting’s point of view, we think everyone has a role to play in maintaining a healthy and sustainable ecosystem. And even small actions matter! Therefore, we’ve taken steps to make the meeting more environmentally friendly.
The ISSPD-13 Meeting and the Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs, also called the Global Goals) are 17 goals with 169 targets that all UN Member States have agreed to work toward achieving by 2030. They set out a plan for a world without poverty, hunger, and disease.
We at ISSPD want to contribute to the achievement of these objectives in our value chain. We support and work toward the following SDGs:
Contributions you can make as an ISPPD-13 Meeting Delegate:
As individuals and as a community, we can and should individually contribute to protecting the earth and its natural systems and resources and to sustaining the natural ecological balance of the ecosystem. Here is what we encourage you to do during the ISPPD-13 Meeting in Cape Town:
- Use the mobile app, the virtual platform and the official ISPPD-13 Meeting website (instead of printing) to inquire about the programme details.
- Sort your waste in appropriate bins at venues, hotels, and around the city.
- Keep waste items with you if there are no visible garbage or recycling bins at an event or during your tourism outings.
- Opt for reusable mugs and bottles and refuse single-use plastic. Water from water coolers is of good drinking quality and we will make sure there are enough around the venue, so don´t forget to bring your bottle!
- Do not print booking confirmations and boarding passes; instead, provide digital copies of these documents.
- Provide an alternative to business cards – QR codes to LinkedIn or e-card.
- Opt for a vegetarian meal option when available and possible.