Travel and Participation Grants
ISPPD-12 provides abstract submitters with an opportunity to apply for Travel & Participation Grants. Application is done via the abstract submission system.
|Application for Travel & Participation Grant opens||1 October 2021 (via the abstract submission portal)|
|Application deadline for Travel & Participation Grant||18 January 2022|
|Travel & Participation Grant Notification*||from 29 March to 15 April 2022|
*Note all efforts are made to send notifications by the planned date. Should there be delays with the selection process, revised dates will be posted here.
ISPPD will award Travel and/or Participation Grants in the ISPPD-12 Symposium. The Travel Grant will be awarded to selected applicants who fulfil the following criteria:
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s head of department/institute written in English
- Submitted abstract accepted for oral or poster presentation.
Applicants who are young investigators and/or are from GAVI-eligible countries will be given priority.
The Travel Grant consists of:
- Free registration (onsite) & access to the ISPPD-12 Virtual Platform.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses up to a predetermined amount based on the geographical location of the awardee. Reimbursement will be made after the Symposium. Please note that visa application fees, travel insurance and expenses related to the COVID-19 pandemic are not covered by the Grant.
- Hotel accommodation booked and paid through the conference organizers (4 or 5 nights – dependent on the country of origin – in a single room at a specified hotel).
The Participation Grant consists of:
- Free registration for online access to the ISPPD-12 Virtual Platform during the live event and up to 3 months post-Symposium.
HOW TO APPLY
Travel & Participation Grant application is a part of the abstract submission process. You cannot apply for the Grant without submitting an abstract.
Please prepare the following documents:
- Answer to the question why you would like to attend the ISPPD-12 Symposium
- A document that proves your birth date (ie. passport ID)
- A letter of recommendation signed by your department head or a supervisor. The letter must be written in English.
Please note: Travel & Participation Grants will only be confirmed and awarded to those whose abstract has been accepted by the Scientific Programme Committee.
GAVI eligible countries:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, India, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Congo, Republic of Sudan, Rwanda, Sâo Tomé, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe