Researchers at all levels and from diverse backgrounds will present their work onsite via traditional paper posters and online via an interactive E-Poster Gallery.
Attention will be given to how to exchange knowledge and translate findings into policy that benefit individuals affected by or at risk of pneumococcal diseases worldwide.
ISPPD-12 facilitates two different types of Poster sessions. Please see below for more details.
E-Poster Spotlight Sessions
The E-Posters of selected abstracts will be presented in dedicated E-Poster Spotlight Sessions at the Symposium venue in Toronto.
There are 8 designated E-Poster Spotlight Sessions at ISPPD-12 divided into 4 in parallel on Monday & Tuesday (20 & 21 June 2022).
The presenters of these posters will give short oral talks in front of each of the 4 E-Poster Stations onsite.
For more details, please refer to the scientific programme.
E-Poster Spotlight Session Topics
- Pneumococcal Epidemiology and Global Pneumonia Control
- Microbiology, the Microbiome, and Pathogen Interactions
- Vaccines and Vaccine Trials – Current Trends
- Vaccine Impact and Trends
- Pneumococcal Carriage
- COVID-19 and Pneumococcal Disease
- Clinical Management and Disease Prevention in High-Risk Groups
Poster Presentation with Viewing
Abstracts allocated to Poster Presentation with Viewing will have no specific presentation date and time.
The presenters will be assigned poster boards divided into topics and Symposium attendees may interact with presenters onsite during longer breaks.
Poster Viewing Topics
- Disease Burden
- Host-Pathogen Interactions
- Vaccination Strategies and Impact
- Diagnosis and Management
- Genetic Sequencing
- Pneumococcal Colonization
- Pneumococcal Disease and Prevention in Adults
- Pneumococcal Disease in High-Risk Populations
- Current State of Vaccines and Vaccine Trials
- Pneumonia and Pneumococcal Disease in the Time of COVID-19