INFORMATION FOR POSTER PRESENTERS
INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTER SPOTLIGHT AND POSTER PRESENTATIONS
These instructions are for presenters of posters and spotlights. At ISPPD-12 we will have two poster sessions (Monday and Tuesday) of ~1.5 hours in duration in the Exhibition area (Sheraton hall & Osgoode Ballroom) Spotlight presentations will be held from 17:00-18:00 or 16:30-17:30, situated at one of the 3-4 spotlight stations in the Sheraton hall at the exhibition area.
All Poster and Spotlight presenters are required to stand in front of their traditional poster for one of the poster sessions, see below.
What to prepare?
Anyone accepted for a Spotlight or Poster presentation needs to prepare the following:
- A traditional poster to mount on a poster board. The posters must be on display from Monday 22nd June through Wednesday 24th June in the Exhibition Area (Sheraton hall & Osgoode Ballroom). Instructions on how to prepare your traditional poster are outlined below.
Please note: We are asking you to print and bring your own poster.
- An electronic poster (i.e. an electronic version (pdf) of the traditional printed poster). This will be loaded on the symposium app. Find below the instructions on how to submit your e-poster.
* Spotlight presenters will also use this pdf to accompany their spotlight presentation (5 min talk + 2 min discussion). Further instructions for preparing the spotlight presentations are below.
What to do at the meeting?
Anyone accepted for a Spotlight or Poster presentation needs to:
- Mount your traditional poster on or before Monday 22nd June in the Exhibition area (Sheraton hall & Osgoode Ballroom) Remove it on Wednesday 24th June by 14:45.
Those selected for spotlights will also present a short talk that will be given in the Sheraton hall during one of the two dedicated poster sessions. As such, spotlight presenters must prepare a traditional printed poster and an e-poster (i.e. an electronic version (pdf) of the traditional printed poster), following the guidelines detailed below.
The spotlight presenter will stand in front of a large screen (displaying the e-poster) in order to present their spotlight. They will have 5 minutes for the talk followed by 2 minutes for discussion. Timings will be strictly adhered to by the session chairs. Please be considerate and keep to the scheduled times to allow all speakers the opportunity to present their work.
Note that for scheduling reasons, you may be asked to present a spotlight on the same or different day to your traditional poster. If it is on the same day, please minimise the time away from your traditional poster.
How to prepare your electronic poster (e-poster/pdf)?
In order to submit your e-poster, please use the link and the login details that you will receive by e-mail.
DEADLINE FOR E-POSTER SUBMISSION: 10 June 2020
How to prepare your traditional poster?
Please prepare your poster to fit the dimensions below:
- Orientation: PORTRAIT
- Poster size: 90 cm wide x 120 cm high.
- Poster board size: 1 m width x 2.3 m height. It is recommended that your poster is no larger than 90 cm wide x 120 cm high.
- Preparation: Posters may be prepared on one sheet (preferred method) or alternatively on several smaller sheets.
- Please print your poster and bring it with you to the venue. Unfortunately, there will be no on-site print opportunity
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- You may use a template that can be downloaded here.
- Double-sided tape will be available in the poster area for hanging of posters. Staff will also be in the poster area to assist you.
- The organizers are not responsible for any posters that have not been removed by the end of the sessions on the day in which they have been scheduled.