Important Information and Manuals
The Exhibition will be held in conjunction with the 12th International Symposium on Pneumococci and Pneumococcal Diseases (ISPPD-12) which will be held from 20-24 June 2021 in Toronto, Canada.
This page covers important information and is designed to assist in preparing for ISPPD-12 2020 Exhibition. Please read the information presented. It will take you very little time now and could save you a great deal of time later.
Please forward this information to everyone who is working on this project, including your stand builder, as it contains useful information about the Exhibition.
Exhibitors and Supporters Portal
Each exhibitor/supporter has received an e-mail with login details to access the Portal. The Portal enables Supporters and Exhibitors to:
- Submit Company logo and profile
- Order Lead retrieval (Badge scanners)
- Order exhibitor badges
- Submit booth drawing (for “Space Only” booths)
- Submit other deliverables as per contract
- The login details has been sent to the person signing the contract. This person is responsible for passing on the login details to third party if needed.
- Access to all Portal services will be available only after submission of your company profile and logo.
- Only deliverables as indicated in your contract, should be submitted via the Portal. Items not included in your contract will not be processed.
|Set-up||Saturday, 00 June||09:00-20:00 (Space Only booths)|
15:00-20:00 (Pipe & Drape booths)
|Sunday, 00 June||07:00 – 14:00 (All booth types)|
14:00 – 17:45 (Decoration only, quiet set-up)
|Sunday, 00 June||17:45 – End of Welcome Reception|
|Monday, 00 June||10:00 – 18:00|
|Tuesday, 00 June||10:00 – 17:30|
|Wednesday, 0 June||10:00 – 15:00|
|Dismantling||Wednesday, 0 June||15:00 – 21:00|
- Timetable is subject to change.
- On Thursday, 24 June, the exhibition will be closed and there will be no access to the exhibition area. On Thursday, 24 June, there are still sessions taking place as part of ISPPD-12 Symposium.
- Empty crates and packaging material must be removed after set-up and no later than Sunday, 00 June at 12:00. All aisles must be clear of exhibits and packaging materials to enable cleaning.
- All exhibitors should be at their booth 30 minutes before the official opening hour.
- Dismantling of the booths before the official hour is not permitted.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to dispose of all materials after dismantling. Any equipment, display aid or other material left behind after Wednesday, 23 June at 21:00 will be considered discarded and abandoned. Any charges incurred for waste removal will be sent to the exhibitor.
- Please do not leave any visible valuable articles at your booth. In addition, please consider hiring extra security for your booth before\after Exhibition operating hours if needed.
You are cordially invited to the Welcome Reception which will be held in the Exhibition area on Sunday, 20 June from 18:30. Exhibitors are asked to please man their booths during the Welcome Reception in the Exhibition area.
Exhibition – Deadlines & Key Dates
|Hotel Reservation for Staff||As soon as possible||Shirley Raphaely Raphaelysraphaely@kenes.com|
|Company logo and profile||As soon as possible and no later than Monday, 1 March 2021||Via Supporters and Exhibitors Portal|
Each supporter has received login details to access the Supporter and Exhibitor’s Portal.
For queries please contact
|Booth Drawings for Approval|
(For Space Only booths)
|Monday, 3 May 2021|
|Text for Fascia|
(Pipe & Drape booths only)
|Thursday, 20 May 2021|
|Lead Retrieval Barcode Readers Order||TBA|
|Extra Exhibitor badges||TBAemail@example.com|
|Dedicated Wi-Fi / Internet||TBA||Sharon Gamliel|
|Booth Cleaning||Thursday, 3 June 2021||Melody Artounian|
[Exclusive to the Sheraton]
|Thursday, 3 June 2021|
Orders received after the deadline might incur additional fees and items availability might not be guaranteed
|Electricity order||TBA||Douglas Norman|
|Exhibit Accessories & Product Display|
|Graphics & Design/Signage|
|Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire||TBA||Tristan Drysdale|
|Telecommunications and AV Equipment: Plasma/LCD screen, Laptop, Desktop ( for Booth only)||TBA||Frank Santin (Pro-Staging) FSantin@prostaging.com|
|Plants & Floral Arrangements||TBA|
|Shipping & Material Handling Services|
|Advanced shipments via GES Warehouse|
Goods should be custom cleared!
|From Friday, XX May and no later than Monday, XX June|
9:00am ‐ 4:00pm; Monday ‐ Friday
|Direct to the Venue||19-20 June 2021|
“K-Lead” Application – Barcode Scanner Application
Lead Retrieval systems are a helpful tool for receiving participants’ contact information when they visit your booth. The information obtained by lead retrieval system enables Exhibitors to enhance their database by securing valuable leads for further marketing and communication.
We are pleased to offer you the “K-Lead” Application: exhibitors can download the “K-Lead” app onto their own smart phone or tablet and transform their device into an instant, easy lead retrieval system and capture participants’ full contact information with a quick scan of their badge.
The advantages of the “K-Lead” application:
- Effortless process using registration badge barcode.
- Allows to immediately view the leads information.
- Ability to insert exhibitor’s comments for each lead.
- Application is available for download from Apple store or Google play: “K-Lead App”.
- Cost per unit – USD 450 (exluding 4% credit card charges fees, excluding VAT if applicable)
The Application should be installed on your company/personal device. Operational information will be sent in due course.
To order “K-Lead” Application, please access the Exhibitor’s Portal https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com
Deadline: Monday, 7 June
Kenes will not share delegate’s personal data with third parties without their consent.
Please note that similarly to sharing a business card, presenting delegate badge for scanning at exhibition booths or industry symposia constitutes an expression of consent to share their personal details with the company that is scanning their badge so that it may contact them in the future.
- Barcodes on delegate’s badges contain contact information as supplied by the delegate or the agency responsible for the registration process of the delegate. We regret that in some cases, as when group registration is completed by a company, we may not be in possession of the full contact details.
- In addition, please note that neither Kenes Group nor the Organising Committee is responsible for the content of the information.
- Device is not included. If you wish to rent a device, please check with us cost and stock availability.
- Mini Scanners devices are available for Symposia only.
Each exhibiting company is entitled to free exhibitor badges. The amount of free exhibitor badges is stated in your contract and determined by your stand size.
Two exhibitor badges will be given for the first 100 SQF booked and one additional for each 100 SQF after.
Exhibitor badges will be prepared for you to collect on-site (they will not be mailed in advance).
Exhibitor badges allow free access to the exhibition area, refreshments served as indicated in the programme timetable and access to the Welcome Reception.
Exhibitor badges are generic and state the name of the company only, in order that they may be used interchangeably between staff members. Therefore, there is no need to submit individual names.
Exhibitors are required to access the Exhibitor’s Portal and provide the name of the company they wish to be displayed on the badges (otherwise the company name as appear on your application form will be printed on the badge).
Additional exhibitor badges may be purchased online through the Exhibitor’s Portal, at the rate of USD 275 per badge.
Companies can purchase a maximum number of exhibitor registrations as follows:
- Booths of up to 650 SQF – 15 exhibitor registrations
- Booths larger than 650 SQF – 25 exhibitor registrations
- To place an order for additional exhibitor badges, please access the Exhibitor’s Portal by Friday, 11 June https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com
Each exhibitor has received an e-mail with login details to access the Exhibitor’s Portal.
- Please make sure that your company profile has been submitted via the Exhibitor’s Portal before placing an order
Access to the Exhibition Hall during Set-up and Dismantling Times
All company representatives are required to wear exhibitor badges to access the Exhibition. Company representatives not wearing their badges will not be allowed to access the Exhibition. Exhibitor badges are for the use of company personnel manning the booth and should not be used to bring visitors to the Exhibition.
Stand builders and staff must wear service passes during the entire set-up and dismantling period. Service Passes are free of charge and may be collected from the Exhibition Manager Desk on-site.
Rules and Regulations – Binding for All Exhibitors and Their Subcontractors
It is not permitted to bring animals into the venue.
Build-Up & Dismantling Period
- During the period of build-up and dismantling, it is prohibited to consume alcoholic beverages in the working area as well as to perform work under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
- The Exhibitors and contractors are required to wear the necessary personal protective equipment such as safety footwear, protective helmets, eye protection, and hand protection required by the specific work activity.
No person under the age of 16 years can be admitted to the Exhibition, either during build‐up, open days or breakdown. This rule also applies to Exhibitors’ children and must be rigidly enforced to comply with the safety regulations of the exhibition.
Use of compressed gases is not allowed.
Damage to the Building
Exhibitors are liable for all damage caused to floors, walls, and pillars during the installation, Exhibition, and dismantling periods. No adhesive stickers and fixtures of any kind are allowed on floors, walls, and pillars.
Disposal of Material
It is obligatory to collect and dispose of all material during the build-up or dismantling of the exhibition. When the dismantling period is over, the exhibitor loses any right to claim losses or damage to property left behind. Any costs incurred by the venue in removing this property will be charged to the exhibitor.
- Booth material and fittings must be non-flammable or impregnated with fire-retardant chemicals.
- As a general rule, easily inflammable synthetic substances, foam polyester, and no fireproof straw and reeds are prohibited.
Fire Insurance (compulsory)
Exhibitors must be insured against fire.
Health & Safety
- It is the responsibility of the booth holder to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors as far as is reasonably practicable throughout the event.
- It is recommended that the booth holders appoint a supervisor for the booth, with the specific responsibility for ensuring the health & safety of their staff and stand builders. It is advisable that a Risk Assessment is completed for the booth and submitted to the organisers.
Hanging of Posters, Banners etc.
Hanging of posters, banners or decals, stickers or similar items, on the walls, floors, ceilings, or pillars within or outside the installations of the venue are not allowed without a prior written authorisation.
- Neither the organisers nor the venue, their representatives or agents will be held responsible for any loss or damage to exhibitor’s property. Exhibitors must take precautions to protect their property against pilferage.
- The organisers do not provide insurance for exhibitors and their property. The exhibitor is responsible for his property and person and for the property and persons of his employees through full and comprehensive insurance and shall hold harmless the organisers for any and all damage claims arising from theft and those perils usually covered by a fire and extended-coverage policy. Therefore, you are obliged to have a public liability insurance that covers all injuries to persons and damages that might cover in connection with the exhibition.
- Exhibitors are personally liable for all expenses incurred by the organisers or by third parties in regard to technical services provided.
- We also recommend that you have additional coverage against loss or damage to exhibition material during transport and during exhibition times. Please make arrangements for insurance coverage through your company’s insurer.
- Exhibitors are responsible for all property damage as well as any loss or injury caused by their property, agents or employees. Companies will indemnify the organisers against all claims and expenses arising from any damages.
- If for any reason whatsoever the Exhibition needs to be abandoned, postponed, or altered in any way, either in whole or part, or if the organisers find it necessary to change the dates of the Exhibition, the organisers shall not be liable for any expenditures, damages or loss incurred in connection with the Exhibition.
- The organisers shall further not be liable for any loss which the Exhibition or Exhibition contractors may incur due to the intervention of any authority which prevents or restricts the use of the venue or any part thereof in any manner whatsoever.
Music (Authors and publisher rights)
Please note that the organiser have no copyright responsibility in respect of any exhibiting company. Exhibitors are reminded that third party copyrights should not be infringed.
Proper dispensation must be obtained and any royalties due, paid prior to the use of materials. Should any copyright dispute arise, the organisers will not be liable for any resulting loss or damages, sustained by any exhibitor or third party.
- All demonstrations or instructional activities must be confined to the limits of the Exhibition booth.
- Advertising material and signs may not be distributed or displayed outside the exhibitor’s booth.
- Advertising activities must not cause obstructions or disturbances in the gangways or at neighbouring booths.
- Sound equipment must be regulated and directed into the booth so that it does not disturb neighboring exhibits.
- The Exhibition Manager reserves the right to require the exhibitor to discontinue any activity, noise, or music that is deemed objectionable.
Special effects lighting, live music, smoke and laser projection may not be used in the booths.
No permission will be given for projection in the aisles or on the walls of the hall.
The Sheraton operates a NO SMOKING policy in all halls and the entire premises.
Exhibitors are responsible for the removal of all refuse/waste from the Exhibition area. Any discarded waste, including promotional material, left behind will be removed by the organisers at the expense of the exhibitor concerned.
Participation by exhibitors is dependent upon compliance with all rules, regulations and conditions stated herein.
The Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel has the sole rights for the sale or distribution of any item of food or drink within the Venue. If you require catering for your booth, please submit your order in advance.
Melody Artounian |Tel: + 1 416 947 4863 | E-mail: Melody.Artounian@sheraton.com
Kindly place your order by Thursday, 3 June.
The organiser will be responsible for providing general cleaning services for corridors and common areas prior to the opening of Exhibition and on a daily basis, prior to opening hours.
The exhibitor will be responsible for the cleaning of the area inside the booth. The garbage inside the booths need to be placed outside the booth in order to be picked up.
It is possible for exhibitors to purchase a cleaning package in order to clean inside the booth each day. To receive a quote and pre-book this service, please contact The Sheraton:
Melody Artounian |Tel: + 1 416 947 4863 | E-mail: Melody.Artounian@sheraton.com
Please place your order by Thursday, 3 June.
The space will be returned in the same condition that it was in prior to the booth set up. Failure to do so will result in the application of higher cleaning charges consistent with the labour required to clean the area, the charges are as following: CAD 1000 for the first hour, CAD USD 200/hour thereafter. Any damages incurred will be assessed and charge on a case per case basis.
Internet & Wi-Fi
Complimentary Wi-Fi will be available at the Exhibition hall. Please be aware that public Wi-Fi capacity is always limited and therefore restricted to basic internet functionalities (email and web browsing activity). Should you have any internet-based feature/ activity at your booth (for example: product demonstrations), we strongly recommend purchasing a dedicated internet connection for your booth (wireless or wired connection) to guarantee a high-quality service inclusive of technical support.
To receive a quote, please e-mail the Exhibition Manger at: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is prohibited to deploy your own internet/Wi-Fi network. The Venue and the organisers reserve the rights to discontinue any unknown/nonapproved networks or any activity which interfere with the hall Wi-Fi coverage.
Neither the organisers nor the Sheraton will be held responsible for the safety of articles of any kind brought into the exhibition hall by the exhibitors. Exhibitors are advised to take adequate precautions, not leave any visible valuable articles at the booth and ensure that all articles and valuable items are insured. Security guards will patrol the venue in general, but their duties will not include attention to individual booths.
Exhibitors may order individual booth security and inform the hotel about it. Recommended supplier:
Sentinel Security | Tel: 1 877 894 1885 | E-mail: email@example.com
Notice: the hotel will not accept any claim for loss, due to fire, theft or damage of exhibits, nor will it be held liable for any personal injury caused by the exhibit or exhibitor. Use of the facility is conditional in that the exhibitor accepts full responsibility for any damages caused to the facility by the exhibit and/or the exhibitor(s).
There are no storage facilities on site. Short-term storage of materials left over after assembly (empty boxes, crates, cases , palettes etc.) should be coordinated with GES. Contact details:
Tel: + 1 905 283 0500
Toll Free: 1 877 437 4247
Under no circumstances may packing materials of any kind be left in the aisles, on the booths or behind the booths.
Kenes Group Contacts:
ISPPD-12 2021 Organiser
Rue François-Versonnex 7
1207 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 908 0488
Fax: +41 22 906 9140
Hotel Sales Manager
Tel: +41 22 908 0488 Ext: 586 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibition Manager & Industry Coordinator
Tel: +41 22 908 0488 Ext: 562 | E-mail: email@example.com
Industry Liaison & Sales
Tel: +31 20 763 01 08 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: + 972 39727585 | E-mail: email@example.com
Stand Construction / Additional Stand Fittings / Furniture Rental / Graphics & Signage
Official Onsite Logistic Agent / Material Handing, Customs & Transportation services
Tel: + 1 905 283 0500
Toll Free: 1 877 437 4247
GES is the exclusive handler inside the venue.
Catering / Booth Cleaning
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Tel: + 1 416 947 4863
Catering is exclusive to Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Telecommunications and AV Equipment (for exhibit booths only)
Tel: 1 877 894 1885
Plants & Floral Arrangements