*Note all efforts are made to send notification by the planned date. Should there be any delays with the selection process, revised date will be posted here.
Key dates for ISPPD-12 abstract submission will be announced here in the future
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- All abstracts must be submitted via this webpage. Please note that the Symposium Secretariat is not able to accept abstracts submitted via e-mail.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline (TBA). Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other international meeting prior to ISPPD-12.
- Abstracts that were accepted for ISPPD-12 in 2020 and published in the online ISPPD 2020 Digital Library, including those presented as E-Posters, may be re-submitted as long as they have not been presented or published elsewhere.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Each abstract should not exceed 250 words.
- The abstract title should not exceed 25 words.
- The following structure must be followed when submitting an abstract:
Please choose the presentation format you would prefer; note that the meeting organisers will determine the final format based on content and programme time limitations:
- Oral presentation (10-minute talk) in a Symposium hall
- Poster presentation with spotlight talk (for 5-6 minutes) in the poster area. These poster presenters will be requested to bring a printed poster and submit an e-poster of the poster.
- Poster presentation with viewing. These poster presenters will be requested to bring a printed poster and submit an e-poster for electronic viewing .
- Presenting author׳s contact details
- Author(s) names appear in upper and lower case (e.g. J.C. Smith).
- Author and co-authors׳ affiliation details: department, institution/hospital, city, state (if relevant), country.
- Abstract title – The title is limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE (e.g. EVALUATING VACCINE IMPACT)
- Abstract text – The text is limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements. The text count may be affected by inserting tables and non-scientific text such as acknowledgements.
- Abstract topic – Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Programme. Please choose from the list of topics.
- Keywords – Please enter 1 to 5 keywords that define your abstract. The keywords must be in English and can include numbers.
- Images – The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Conflict of interest disclosure: Abstract submitter will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Authors have until April 1 to withdraw their abstract if they are unable to attend the meeting.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official symposium publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- All accepted abstracts may be published in a peer-reviewed journal in addition to the ISPPD website.
- Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline (TBA). After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us via Contact Us page if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Symposium website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to ISPPD-12 Symposium on Pneumococci & Pneumococcal Diseases and Kenes International Organizers of Congresses SA and its affiliates (together: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by each of the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants each of the Organizers the license and right to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content or any part thereof, in any manner and on any platform or media whatsoever, in each Organizer’s absolute discretion, on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.