COMMITMENT TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS IN CME/CPD
Kenes is committed to being a valuable and knowledgeable partner in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, and effective CME/CPD programmes. Kenes is a proud member of the Good CME Practice Group (gCMEp), a member organisation contributing to improving health outcomes by:
- Championing best practice in CME/CPD
- Maintaining and improving standards
- Mentoring and educating
- Working in collaboration with critical stakeholders
Membership in the Good CME Practice Group illustrates Kenes commitment to high standards and knowledgeable partnership with its clients in the design and delivery of medical events.
After attending this event, participants should be able to:
- Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan.
- Discuss new developments in the fields of pneumococcal disease diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Discuss new research about pneumococcal conjugate vaccines - recommendations for adults.
- Review latest scientific developments in the field of pneumococcal disease and its control in the region of Asia and Indigenous communities.
- Discuss laboratory methods for pneumococcal identification and serotyping.
- Analyze the global pneumonia control and vulnerable populations.
- Discuss new research outcomes about pneumonia and prevention in adults.
- Enhance the discussion and exchange among international scientific, clinical health experts as a means of further developing individual expertise.
ISPPD-11 is a meeting place for senior researchers, scientists and physicians working in the field of pneumococci and pneumococcal diseases. The meeting will bring together physicians from the specialties of paediatrics, internal medicine, respiratory medicine, vaccinology. Because of the diverse, clinically focused educational offering, participants are able to tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of international clinicians of all levels of experience. The international target audience includes international, regional and national experts in the field of pneumococci and pneumococcal disease and its sub-specialties.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT AND CREDIT DESIGNATION
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS/EACCME)
The 11th International Symp o sium on Pneumococci and Pneumococc al Diseases (ISPPD-11) is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS): www.uems.net
ISPPD-11 is designated for a maximum of, or up to, 23 European
external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of
credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity
American Medical Association (AMA)
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. For more information, visit: www.royalcollege.ca.
European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP)
The 11th International Symposium on Pneumococci and Pneumococcal Diseases (ISPPD-11) is accredited by EBAP for 24 European CME credits covering the whole programme.
EBAP is an independent organisation which accredits different types of international continuing medical education (CME) activities according to the rules set by European bodies such as the UEMS/EACCME. For more information, visit: www.ebap.org/.
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
|Sunday, April 15, 2018||5|
|Monday, April 16, 2018||5|
|Tuesday, April 17, 2018||5|
|Wednesday, April 18, 2018||5|
|Thursday, April 19, 2018||3|
To Receive Your CME/CPD Certificate
The CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit claiming procedure. The process takes about 5 minutes. We thank you for your feedback as it is an important part of CME/CPD accreditation and helps improve future educational offerings.
1. Access the online system via any of the following
- Visit the following link
- Please note that web browsers Mozilla Firefox 2.X or higher, or Google Chrome are recommended
- Visit the CME/CPD Accreditation page on the event website
- Follow the link in the email sent at the end of the event
2. Complete the anonymous online evaluation
3. Complete the credit claim form and submit
4. The CME/CPD certificate will be available for download and/or print for your personal records
Kindly note that the ISPPD-11 online evaluation will be active on the last day of the meeting. You will then be able to access it and claim your CME/CPD certificate.
Disclosure and Resolution of Personal Conflicts of Interest
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
- Disclosure information will be available here at least one week prior to the event.
Industry Support Disclosure
This event is supported, in part, by funding from industry. All support is managed in strict accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support. Appropriate acknowledgement of all supporting organisations is made in the programme guide, on the event website, and with signage during the event.
- View a list of all industry supporters here.
- View detailed programmes for all Industry Sessions here.