The Speakers' Ready Room will be clearly sign posted at the Symposium.
If using a PowerPoint (or any other computer) presentation, please note you need to bring it on a "disk on key" Memory stick (using the USB port in the computer) and load it on one of the Congress' computers in the Speakers' Ready Room, at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
Please note that the Symposium computers in the session halls are being supplied with Office 2013 (at least).
Please use 16:9 ratio slides for your presentation.
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers' Ready Room.
Alternatively, you may supply your own laptop computer. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA or a HDMI socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers' Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Important note for Macintosh users
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
1. Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
2. Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
Alternatively, you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please confirm you provide it with a VGA or a HDMI adaptor for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers' Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTER SPOTLIGHT AND POSTER PRESENTATIONS
These instructions are for presenters of posters and spotlights. At ISPPD 2018 we will have two poster sessions (Monday and Tuesday) of ~2 hours in duration in the Exhibition Hall. Spotlight presentations will be held during ~1 hour of the poster sessions, situated at one of the three 'spotlight stations' in the Exhibition Hall.
All Poster and Spotlight presenters are required to stand in front of their traditional poster for one of the poster sessions, see below.
What to prepare?
Anyone accepted for a Spotlight or Poster presentation needs to prepare the following:
- A traditional poster to mount on a poster board. The posters must be on display from Monday 16th April through Thursday 19th April in the Exhibition Area. Instructions on how to prepare your traditional poster are outlined below.
- An electronic poster (i.e. an electronic version (pdf) of the traditional printed poster). This will be loaded on the conference app. Instructions on how to submit e-posters will be published in due course.
Spotlight presenters will also use this pdf to accompany their spotlight presentation (5 min talk + 2 min discussion). Further instructions for preparing the spotlight presentations are below.
What to do at the meeting?
Anyone accepted for a Spotlight or Poster presentation needs to:
- Mount your traditional poster on or before Monday 16th April in the Exhibition area. Remove it after the Symposium programme has finished on Thursday 19th April.
- Stand by your poster on Monday (if your poster is on an ODD numbered poster board e.g. 001, 003, 005) or Tuesday (if your poster is on an EVEN numbered poster board e.g. 002, 004, 006). This will ensure there is lots of room for delegates to view the posters and interact with the presenting author.
Those selected for spotlights will also present a short talk that will be given in the Exhibition Area during one of the two dedicated poster sessions. As such, spotlight presenters must prepare a traditional printed poster and an e-poster (i.e. an electronic version (pdf) of the traditional printed poster), following the guidelines detailed below.
The spotlight presenter will stand in front of a large computer screen (displaying the e-poster) in order to present their spotlight. They will have 5 minutes for the talk followed by 2 minutes for discussion. Timings will be strictly adhered to by the session chairs. Pleasebe considerate and keep to the scheduled times to allow all speakers the opportunity to present their work.
Note that for scheduling reasons, you may be asked to present a spotlight on the same or different day to your traditional poster. If it is on the same day, please minimise the time away from your traditional poster.
How to prepare your electronic poster (e-poster/pdf)?
Instructions on how to submit e-posters will be published in due course.
How to prepare your traditional poster?
- Please prepare your poster to fit the dimensions below and it is recommended that posters be prepared on one sheet of material.
- The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 90cm wide x 120cm high
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet).
- Double sided tape and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters. Staff will also be available to assist you.
- Please refer to the Final Programme Book that you will receive upon arrival at the symposium for the poster board number assigned to you. This poster board number will determine whether you need to be standing next to your poster on Monday (ODD numbered poster boards) or Tuesday (EVEN numbered poster boards).
- Please use the board with the same number.